Wednesday, September 03, 2014

Slack?

Seems like I give my friends the impression that I'm very slack at work. Like everyone can imagine me chilling in one corner in the office drinking from a glass.

Am I really that slack? My colleagues don't seem to think so. I feel like I don't get to doing my work fast enough though. Is the impression caused by my seeming chillness? I wonder if that's good or bad. I wonder if it'll hurt me in the future.

Honestly, it hurts me that my friends think that way. Or maybe I just don't like to think of myself as busy. And I don't like people to say they're busy, just because I believe everyone has a choice as to how they want to spend their time. There's no such thing as no choice. There's definitely a reason for us to do everything, be it a reason we know of or not. Maybe it's because it's socially acceptable that we do as such, that's a reason and a choice too. Just us choosing to do what's socially acceptable. You choose to be "normal".

No comments: